Welcome

Website counter
website hit counter
website hit counters

Twitter

Follow palashbiswaskl on Twitter

Saturday, April 20, 2013

মাওবাদী সন্দেহে পুলিশের মার The duo was produced in court on Friday. Zakir told magistrate Biswarup Seth that he had been picked up from Esplanade on Monday and was illegally detained till Friday. He alleged that he was beaten up in custody, for which he showed injury marks.

মাওবাদী সন্দেহে পুলিশের মার

The duo was produced in court on Friday. Zakir told magistrate Biswarup Seth that he had been picked up from Esplanade on Monday and was illegally detained till Friday. He alleged that he was beaten up in custody, for which he showed injury marks.

 Officers of the Kolkata Police's special task force arrested two suspected Maoists from Jadavpur.

Police claim that Sabyasachi Goswami, alias Kishore, and Zakir Hossain were important members of the outfit's Bengal state committee and were trying to reorganize the outfit after the death of top Maoist leader Kishanji.

STF officers said that Zakir hails from Kulgachia village of Uluberia in Howrah and Sabyasachi is from Agarpara in the northern fringes of the city. Both are in their early forties and have been working for the Maoists for more than a decade.

The duo was produced in court on Friday. Zakir told magistrate Biswarup Seth that he had been picked up from Esplanade on Monday and was illegally detained till Friday. He alleged that he was beaten up in custody, for which he showed injury marks.

The magistrate reacted on it and asked the investigating officer how the accused sustained the injuries.

Failing to get a proper answer, the magistrate ordered the deputy commissioner of the STF to inquire how the accused sustained injuries in custody. Zakir was sent to judicial custody till April 23 and Sabyasachi remanded in STF custody till April 25.

Sabyasachi and Zakir had been arrested in 2005 by the CID allegedly for Maoist links but they wetre acquitted.

their links with Maoist outfit. But finally police could not prove their charges and in June 2011 they were acquitted. They were lodged at Krishnagar Correctional Home with another senior Maoist leader Ashok alias Chandi Sarkar. A year later Chandi Sarkar was also acquitted.

Two suspected Maoists have been arrested by the officers of Kolkata Police's Special Task Force(STF). The suspected members of the banned red brigade have been identified as Sabyasachi Goswami alias Kishore and Zakir Hossain. STF officers claimed that both Kishore and Zakir

where the prosecution counsel pleaded that both are dangerous rebels and they are needed to be interrogated thoroughly. STF claimed that several indiscriminating documents along with Maoist literatures and two fire arms were recovered from them. The defense counsel of the arrested duo, Subhasis Roy however denied the allegation. He pleaded for bail and claimed that both Zakir and Sabyasachi were implicated in false cases. STF charged them for sedition and illegal possession of arms under section 120B/121/121A/122/123 IPC and 25(1B)(a) Arms Act.

কলকাতা দুই মাওবাদীকে গ্রেফতার করল কলকাতা পুলিসের এসটিএফ। ধৃত কিশোর ওরফে সব্যসাচী গোস্বামী মাওবাদী রাজ্য কমিটির সদস্য। কিশোরের সঙ্গেই গ্রেফতার হয়েছেন মাওবাদীদের কলকাতা সিটি কমিটির সদস্য জাকির হোসেন। 

ধৃতদের কাছ থেকে উদ্ধার করা হয়েছে দুটি আগ্নেয়াস্ত্র ও চারটি কার্তুজ। উদ্ধার হয়েছে বেশকিছু গুরুত্বপূর্ণ নথিপত্রও। ওই দুই মাওবাদীকে এর আগেও গ্রেফতার করেছিল পুলিস। বর্তমানে জামিনে মুক্ত ছিল তাঁরা।


মাওবাদী সন্দেহে পুলিশের মার
ব্যাঙ্কশাল কোর্টের সামনে দুই ধৃত।----এই সময়।
এই সময়: পুলিশি হেফাজতে অভিযুক্তকে মারধরের অভিযোগ ওঠে প্রায়ই৷ এ ধরনের বহু অভিযোগের তদন্তও করে মানবাধিকার কমিশন৷ কিন্ত্ত মাওবাদী কার্যকলাপে জড়িত সন্দেহে ধৃতের উপর নির্যাতনের অভিযোগের প্রেক্ষিতে শুক্রবার ব্যাঙ্কশাল আদালত যে নির্দেশ দিয়েছে, তা কার্যত নজিরবিহীন বলেই মনে করছে আইনজীবী মহল৷ বিচারক তদন্তকারী অফিসারকে শুধু ভত্র্‌সনাই করেননি, তাঁর ঊর্ধ্বতন অফিসারকে অভিযোগের তদন্ত করে ব্যবস্থা নেওয়ারও নির্দেশ দিয়েছেন৷ রাজ্য মানবাধিকার কমিশনকেও পৃথক ভাবে তদন্ত করতে বলেছে আদালত৷ 

কলকাতা পুলিশের স্পেশ্যাল টাস্ক ফোর্সের (এসটিএফ) দাবি, মাওবাদী কার্যকলাপে জড়িত অভিযোগে বুধবার রাতে গ্রেপ্তার করা হয় সব্যসাচী গোস্বামী ওরফে কিশোর এবং জাকির হুসেন নামে দুই যুবককে৷ এই ধরপাকড়কে তাদের বড়সড় সাফল্য হিসাবেই দেখাতে চেয়েছিল এসটিএফ৷ কিন্ত্ত বিচারক যে ভাবে তদন্তকারী অফিসারকে তীব্র ভাষায় ভত্র্‌সনা করলেন, তাতে সাফল্যের জায়গায় কলকাতা পুলিশের মুখই পুড়ল এ ঘটনায়৷ 

পাশাপাশি, যে চিকিত্সক অভিযুক্তের মেডিক্যাল রিপোর্ট দিয়েছিলেন, তিনিও তদন্তের আওতায় পড়বেন বলে ওয়াকিবহাল মহলের ধারণা৷ মেডিক্যাল কলেজের উপাধ্যক্ষ দিব্যেন্দু গৌতমের অবশ্য বক্তব্য, 'রুটিন চেক-আপের বাইরে বন্দি যদি নির্দিষ্ট অভিযোগ না করেন তা হলে আমাদের কিছু করার থাকে না৷' এসটিএফের তরফে দাবি করা হয়, বৃহস্পতিবার রাতে যাদবপুর থানা এলাকা থেকে পাকড়াও করা হয় সব্যসাচী ও জাকিরকে৷ ধৃতদের কাছ থেকে দু'টি আগ্নেয়াস্ত্র, চার রাউন্ড গুলি এবং বেশকিছু মাওবাদী নথিপত্র বাজেয়ান্ত করা হয় বলেও এসটিএফের দাবি৷ জাকিরের বাড়ি হাওড়ার উলুবেড়িয়ার কুলগাছিয়ায়৷ সব্যসাচী খড়দহের শক্তিপুরের বাসিন্দা৷ ২০০৫ নাগাদ তাঁদের দু'জনকেই মাওবাদী কার্যকলাপের সঙ্গে জড়িত অভিযোগেই সিআইডি গ্রেপ্তার করেছিল৷ ২০১১-য় তাঁরা জেল থেকে ছাড়া পান৷ তার পর ফের গোপনে মাওবাদী কার্যকলাপ চালিয়ে যাচ্ছিলেন বলে দাবি এসটিএফের৷ 

দুই অভিযুক্তকে নিজেদের হেফাজতে নিয়ে টানা জেরার জন্যে এ দিন ব্যাঙ্কশাল কোর্টের মুখ্য বিচার বিভাগীয় ম্যাজিস্ট্রেট বিশ্বরূপ শেঠের এজলাসে হাজির করায় পুলিশ৷ সেখানেই অভিযুক্তদের আইনজীবী শুভাশিস রায় এবং বিপ্লব দে বলেন, জাকিরকে গত ১৫ এপ্রিলই এসটিএফ গ্রেপ্তার করেছিল ধর্মতলা থেকে৷ তারপর তাঁকে বেআইনি ভাবে আটকে রেখে বেধড়ক মারধর করা হয়৷ তাঁর সারা শরীরে কালশিটে পড়ে গিয়েছে৷ সব্যসাচীকে ধরা হয়েছে দক্ষিণ চব্বিশ পরগনার পিয়ালি থেকে৷ যাদবপুর থেকে গ্রেপ্তারের পুলিশি দাবি মিথ্যা৷ জাকিরকে বেআইনি ভাবে পুলিশ হেফাজতে আটকে রেখে যে ভাবে মারধর করা হয়েছে, তাতে মানবাধিকার লঙ্ঘন হয়েছে৷ এর পরই বিচারক জাকিরকে প্যান্ট খুলে আঘাতের চিহ্ন দেখাতে বলেন৷ বাঁ-পায়ে এবং শরীরের অন্য জায়গায় কালশিটের চিহ্ন দেখে তদন্তকারী অফিসার এসটিএফের অতিরিক্ত ওসি অশোককুমার ঘোষের ব্যাখ্যা চান বিচারক৷ তদন্তকারী অফিসার আমতা আমতা করে বলেন, তিনি মেডিক্যাল রিপোর্ট জমা দিয়েছেন৷ বিচারক বলেন, রিপোর্টে তো আঘাতের চিহ্ন নিয়ে কিছু বলা নেই৷ তদন্তকারী অফিসার তখন জানান, কলকাতা মেডিক্যাল কলেজ হাসপাতালের রেসিডেন্সিয়াল মেডিক্যাল অফিসার (আরএমও) রিপোর্ট লিখেছেন৷ তখন বিচারক আরএমও-র নাম জানতে চান৷ অশোকবাবু নাম বলতে পারেননি৷ তিনি বলেন, 'স্যার, রিপোর্টে আরএমও'র সই রয়েছে৷' এতে দৃশ্যতই ক্ষুব্ধ বিচারক তদন্তকারী অফিসারকে নির্দেশ দেন, এজলাস থেকে বেরিয়ে আরএমও-র নাম জেনে আসতে৷ মুখ নিচু করে তদন্তকারী অফিসার এজলাস থেকে বেরিয়ে যান৷ কিন্ত্ত আরএমও-র নাম আর আদালতে জানাতে পারেননি তিনি৷ 

জাকিরকে পুলিশ হেফাজতে রাখার জন্য সরকারি আইনজীবীর আবেদন খারিজ করে দেন বিচারক৷ ২৩ এপ্রিল পর্যন্ত তাঁকে জেল হেফাজতে রাখার নির্দেশ দেন বিচারক৷ সব্যসাচীকে ২৫ এপ্রিল পর্যন্ত পুলিশ হেফাজতে রাখার নির্দেশ দিলেও বিচারক বলেন, আইনজীবীর সামনেই জেরা করতে হবে তাঁকে৷ দু'জনের নিয়মিত ডাক্তারি পরীক্ষাও করাতে হবে৷ এর পর তিনি এসটিএফ-এর ডিসি-কে তদন্তকারী অফিসারের বিরুদ্ধে ওঠা অভিযোগ খতিয়ে দেখে ব্যবস্থা নেওয়ার নির্দেশ দেন৷ পাশাপাশি, মানবাধিকার কমিশনকেও তদন্তের নির্দেশ দেন৷ অভিযুক্তদের আইনজীবীও বলেন, 'এর আগে কোনও ঘটনায় আদালতই সরাসরি মানবাধিকার কমিশনকে তদন্তের নির্দেশ দিয়েছে, এমনটা দেখা যায়নি৷' 

আদালতের এই নজিরবিহীন নির্দেশের পর পুলিশ কমিশনার সুরজিত্ কর পুরকায়স্থকে উচ্চপদস্থ পুলিশকর্তাদের সঙ্গে দফায় দফায় বৈঠক করতে হয়৷ কিন্ত্ত পদস্থ পুলিশকর্তারা কেউই মুখ খুলতে চাননি৷ লালবাজার সূত্রের খবর, এমনিতেই পুলিশ হেফাজতে এসএফআই নেতা সুদীপ্ত গুপ্তর মৃত্যুর ঘটনা নিয়ে পুলিশকর্তারা বিব্রত৷ সে ক্ষেত্রেও পুলিশের বিরুদ্ধে সুদীপ্তকে পিটিয়ে মারার অভিযোগ উঠেছে৷ পুলিশ দুর্ঘটনার তত্ত্ব খাড়া করার চেষ্টা করলেও তাদের বক্তব্যের সপক্ষে প্রত্যক্ষদর্শী পায়নি৷ রাজ্য মানবাধিকার কমিশনেও এখনও রিপোর্ট জমা দিতে পারেনি পুলিশ৷ আর মাওবাদী বন্দির ক্ষেত্রে তাঁর শরীরে আঘাতের চিহ্ন দেখে তদন্তের নির্দেশ দিয়েছেন বিচারক স্বয়ং৷ এতে আরও বেশি করেই বিপাকে পড়তে হতে পারে পুলিশকর্তাদের৷ 

The Maoist rebels, like the army and police, have been accused of human rights abuses by human rights groups and those civilians who have suffered at their hands.

'Maniram' (not his real name) told IRIN he was working as a village teacher until April 2005, when a group of Maoist militants abducted him from his house and detained him for nearly a month. They said his brother, a member of the Maoists, had deserted them, and held Maniram responsible for persuading him to leave. 

Maniram spoke to IRIN about the mental and physical torture he experienced during his detention.

"I had not seen my brother for many years after he joined the Maoist party of his own free will. It was only when I got abducted by the militants that I found that he had deserted the rebels. It was around 06:00 in the morning when a group of armed militants came to my house in Ghetna, that's about one day's walk from Khalanga [a town in Rukum district], and asked me to walk with them. I was very frightened that this would be the end of my life and I did not know why I was being abducted. They made me walk for a whole day and finally in the evening [we] reached Jipu village.

At around 22:00, the rebels dragged me to a room where 11 of their leaders were sitting around a table. One of them started hitting me when I told them I had nothing to do with my brother's desertion of their party. The beating lasted for hours. I constantly told them that I was innocent but they again battered me with heavy logs. 

It was almost five hours later that I realised I had fainted. When I woke up, I was bleeding all over my face and body. Realising that there would be more torture, I gave up and told them what they wanted to hear. I admitted that I helped my brother surrender to the security forces to live an ordinary civilian life. After that I was locked in a dark room for 28 days. I was handcuffed for 24 hours a day. I never saw the sunlight all this time. They used to throw food in the room and [I] was not even allowed to go out for toilet. 

I was given food twice a day, every 12 hours. I knew that I would die living like this as I believed there was no hope of being released. I noticed that the door to the room where I was being kept was not very strong, so I broke out of the door around 21:00 one night. I ran all the way down to Khalanga and went straight to the police post, getting there about seven hours later. By then it was almost morning. There [too] I was interrogated and detained for one night. But the police released me after that and gave me food.

With help from the unified command of the police and army, I was given a job as a teacher in the local high school, where I am still in hiding as the Maoists are still looking for me. All I want is justice and an apology from the Maoist leaders for torturing me for no reason. My parents were in total shock. I was afraid I would never see my young sons and wife. Luckily I am alive today but I don't know for how long. The Maoists are out to get me, I know that."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...